Tuesday 13 March 2012

Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace F.C

Sellhurst Park - Crystal Palace F.C - 2012

















Leeds were lucky to get a draw against Crystal Palace in one of the coldest away games I've attended in my life. I managed so stay warm by pacing on the spot and drinking weak tea.

















Selhurst Park is your classic old-school stadium which is surrounded by streets and houses. I collected my ticket from a hatch in some old brickwork. I couldn't see who I was speaking to and was relieved when the envelope which came forthwith contained only my match ticket!

















Apparently Coke Zero were doing a free promotion and as you can imagine Leeds fans took it upon themselves to liberally lob small cans of the stuff all over the place.


















The game itself was pretty uneventful. Boring and cold. The home fans are clearly used to having a ref on their side. He gave an impartial performance and was subsequently booed off the pitch. Bewildering.






















With this one ticked off the list (though I'd been here previously to watch Wimbledon vs Norwich in front of about 2000 people) I don't think I want to do this particular away day again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment