Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Rec - Bath RFC


The Rec - England Rugby U20s - 2011

On 11th of February 2011 I went to watch England vs Italy U20s. First thing I'll say is that Bath is a fantastic city. Really clean and friendly and full of great pubs. This isn't the first game of rugby I've been to but it I'm really starting to catch the bug for playing and watching the game. It's also helping me keep fit and lose some weight!


The Rec reminds me of a lower league football ground (in a good way). It is located right in the center of bath next to the river avon. It has a covered stand on one side (which half the seats are in the open, we sat here and got drenched), an open prefabricated stand and a larger open terrace behind the posts. The other end of the ground is brand new incorperating the score-board and all the hospitality. Looks a little out of place compared to the rest but adds to the charm of the place!

One of the better points about watching Rugby is the beer. We could sit and drink beer in the stands, something I was lucky to experience at the NFL games at Wembley (albeit for £4 pint). This is something you'll never be able to do at a football game in England!


1 comment:

  1. First thing I'll say is that Bath is a fantastic city. Really clean and friendly and full of great pubs.nice post

    ReplyDelete