Monday 10 August 2009

Wembley Stadium


Having seen Leeds and Kingstonian play twice at the old Wembley (Kingstonian won the F.A Trophy twice, Leeds won the Charity Shield and Lost the League Cup) I was keen to take a look at the new stadium. It is very, very impressive but why have a roof that retracts to allow spectators to get wet? All or nothing is a good mantra in my opinion.


Anyway, in 2008 I got my chance to watch Leeds there (having previously seen Kettering and an NFL game which I may report on later) in the play off final against Doncaster Rovers, a team i'd seen beat K's about 7 years before in a conference cup final. Depressing.

Just getting in the stadium is impressive, with escalators taking me to the gods to my seat. I'm convinced this stadium has no bad views but it's fucking steep! Thanks again go to my freind Martha who arranged a ticket for me for the game.


The stadium acoustics really are spot on and with the Leeds fans singing (having taken up more than their official allocation by various means) it sounded absolutely amazing inside. Leeds being Leeds however led to dissapointment typically Neil Sullivan had an amazing game playing against us and we lost 1-0 having again played disappointingly in a game we could have won if we just wanted it a bit more.

A shit but relatively short journey home compared to the rest of the Leeds fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment